Central Norristown Historic District encompasses approximately 1,900 buildings in the central business district and surrounding residential areas of Norristown. Notable buildings include the Montgomery County Courthouse, Philadelphia and Western Railroad Station (1931), Scheidt Brewery, Montgomery County Jail, Y.M.C.A, Odd Fellows Hall, and a variety of workers’ housing and imposing dwellings.
West Norristown Historic District encompasses approximately 1,700 buildings in a primarily residential neighborhood in the West End of Norristown. The housing predominantly consists of rowhouses with a large number of semi-detached houses. The area was developed between 1885 and 1925 and the houses are in a variety of late-19th and early-20th century architectural styles.